How to Change Iqama Profession
Saudi government allow to expat to change their profession that is mention on iqama and expat can easily change his profession. If you are interested to change your profession follow below instructions.
Required Document to change profession on Iqama
- You have must a degree that is attested of your profession.
- Pay change of profession fee that is SAR 1000.
- Saudi govt held profession verification exam you must have pass this test.
- Must register with your relevant department.
- Service transfer not be pending.
Procedure to change profession on Iqama
Iqama profession change without Certificate
Some professions can be changed without a certificate while others require an attested degree. Here are some scenarios;
- No degree or certificate is required to change non-technical professions e.g. Labor to Cleaner.
- A resident with the computer technician Iqama profession can register himself with SCE without any certificate and change the profession to a Labor within 12 months of registration.
- A resident with the accountant Iqama profession can register himself with any degree with the SOCPA and then transfer the profession to labor.
Has the change in Iqama profession stopped in KSA?
Many expats want to know if the change in the Iqama profession has been stopped or banned in Saudi Arabia as they are not able to do it.
According to the latest news in 2021, the change of Iqama profession is open. However, there could be several reasons for the rejection of the request such as;
- The change in the Iqama profession is banned by MOL for some time.
- The membership with the SOCPA, SCE, or Mumaris plus has expired.
- The expat who is required to be registered with two professional bodies has registered with only one. For example, a computer technician who wants to change his Iqama profession to an accountant needs to register with both SOCPA and SCE.
- The Iqama profession is reserved for Saudis.
- The company is in Red Nitaqat Category.
- The Iqama has expired.
Procedure to Change Iqama Profession
Sometimes your profession written on iqama is different with your real profession. According to Saudi Arabia law it is illegal if Jawazat individuals can assault if they will caught to doing work different so you must be change your profession on iqama
Government of Saudi Arabia provide online services to all expatriates. If you want to take benefit from online services please go visit the site of Ministry of Interior https://www.moi.gov.sa/
you should attest your higher degree from Saudi embassy from your country.
Your degree must be relate with your profession that you want on iqama.
Fee of 1000 SAR must be deposited for changing of profession.
Sometimes Saudi government reject to change your iqama profession because of following reason
Why rejected the application for change profession of iqama
- You don’t pay fee changing of iqama.
- The MOI authority reject your request.
- Your iqama is expired.
- You have a home individual visa like housemaid or driver.
- The representative status is run away from the employer.
- You violate any Saudi law.
- You’re applying profession is not match with your degree.